It's too late to change the plan now, Harry told Hermione.
“已经来不及改变计划了,”哈利对赫敏说,
We haven't got time to send Charlie another owl, and this could be our only chance to get rid of Norbert.
“我们没有时间再派一只猫头鹰去找查理,而且这大概是我们摆脱诺伯的惟一机会了。
We'll have to risk it. And we have got the invisibility cloak, Malfoy doesn't know about that.
我们不得不冒一次险。我们有隐形衣呢,这是马尔福不知道的。”
They found Fang, the boarhound, sitting outside with a bandaged tail when they went to tell Hagrid, who opened a window to talk to them.
他们去通知海格时,发现大猎狗牙牙坐在门外,尾巴上包着绷带。海格打开窗户跟他们说话。
I won't let you in, he puffed. Norbert's at a tricky stage — nothin' I can't handle.
“我不能让你们进来,”他喘着气说,“诺伯现在很难对付——我拿它没有办法。”
When they told him about Charlie's letter, his eyes filled with tears,
他们把查理来信的事对他说了,他的眼里噙满泪水,
although that might have been because Norbert had just bitten him on the leg.
不过这也可能是因为诺伯刚刚咬了他的腿。
Aargh! It's all right, he only got my boot — jus' playin' — he's only a baby, after all.
“呵呵!没关系,它只咬了我的靴子——它是在玩耍呢——说到底,它还是个小毛娃啊。”
The baby banged its tail on the wall, making the windows rattle.
小毛娃用尾巴梆梆地敲着墙,震得窗户咔咔直响。
Harry and Hermione walked back to the castle feeling Saturday couldn't come quickly enough.
哈利和赫敏走回城堡,心里盼望着星期六早点到来。