The following week dragged by.
接下来的一个星期简直度日如年。
Wednesday night found Hermione and Harry sitting alone in the common room, long after everyone else had gone to bed.
星期三晚上,在别人都已上床睡觉之后,赫敏和哈利仍坐在公共休息室里。
The clock on the wall had just chimed midnight when the portrait hole burst open.
墙上的钟刚敲过十二点,肖像洞突然被打开了。
Ron appeared out of nowhere as he pulled off Harry's invisibility cloak.
罗恩脱下哈利的隐形衣,仿佛从天而降一般。
He had been down at Hagrid's hut, helping him feed Norbert, who was now eating dead rats by the crate.
他刚才到海格的小屋去帮他喂诺伯,诺伯现在开始吃用木板箱装的死老鼠了。
It bit me! he said, showing them his hand, which was wrapped in a bloody handkerchief.
“它咬了我!”罗恩说,给他们看他的手,上面包着沾满血迹的手绢。
I'm not going to be able to hold a quill for a week.
“我一星期都没法拿笔了。
I tell you, that dragon's the most horrible animal I've ever met,
告诉你们吧,龙是我见过的最可怕的动物,
but the way Hagrid goes on about it, you'd think it was a fluffy little bunny rabbit.
可是看海格对待它的样子,你还以为它是一只毛茸茸的小兔乖乖呢。
When it bit me he told me off for frightening it. And when I left, he was singing it a lullaby.
它咬了我以后,海格还不许我吓唬它。我走的时候,还听见他在给它唱摇篮曲呢。”
There was a tap on the dark window.
漆黑的窗户上传来一阵拍打声。
It's Hedwig! said Harry, hurrying to let her in. She'll have Charlie's answer!
“是海德薇!”哈利说,赶紧过去把它放了进来。“它肯定带来了查理的回信!”
The three of them put their heads together to read the note.
三个人脑袋凑在一起,看那张纸条。
Dear Ron, How are you? Thanks for the letter — I'd be glad to take the Norwegian Ridgeback, but it won't be easy getting him here.
亲爱的罗恩:你好吗?谢谢你给我写信——我很高兴收养那只挪威脊背龙,但是要把它弄到这儿来不太容易。
I think the best thing will be to send him over with some friends of mine who are coming to visit me next week.
我认为最好的办法是先把它送到我的几个朋友那里,他们下个星期要来看我。
Trouble is, they mustn't be seen carrying an illegal dragon.
麻烦就在于,千万不能让别人看见他们非法携带一条龙。
Could you get the Ridgeback up the tallest tower at midnight on Saturday? They can meet you there and take him away while it's still dark.
你能否在星期六的午夜,把脊背龙带到最高的塔楼上?他们可以在那里与你会面,趁着天黑把龙带走。
Send me an answer as soon as possible. Love, Charlie.
请尽快给我回音。爱你。查理
They looked at one another.
三个人面面相觑。
We've got the invisibility cloak, said Harry.
“我们有隐形衣呢,”哈利说,
It shouldn't be too difficult — I think the cloaks big enough to cover two of us and Norbert.
“应该不会太难——我认为隐形衣足够遮住我们两个人和诺伯。”
It was a mark of how bad the last week had been that the other two agreed with him. Anything to get rid of Norbert — and Malfoy.
罗恩和赫敏立刻就同意了,这说明下个星期的日子是多么难熬。怎么都行,只要能摆脱诺伯——还有马尔福。