They had barely set foot in the cool entrance hall when a voice rang out, “There you are, Potter —Weasley.”
刚踏进阴凉的门厅,就听一个声音响起。“你们回来了,波特、韦斯莱,”
Professor McGonagall was walking toward them, looking stern. “You will both do your detentions this evening.”
麦格教授板着脸向他们走来,“你们俩晚上留下来。”
“What're we doing, Professor?” said Ron, nervously suppressing a burp.
“我们要做什么,老师?”罗恩问,一面紧张地忍住一个嗝。
“You will be polishing the silver in the trophy room with Mr. Filch,” said Professor McGonagall.
“你去帮费尔奇先生擦奖品陈列室里的银器,”麦格教授说道,
“And no magic, Weasley — elbow grease.”
“不许用魔法,韦斯莱——全用手擦。”
Ron gulped. Argus Filch, the caretaker, was loathed by every student in the school.
罗恩倒吸一口气。看门人费尔奇是所有学生都憎恨的人。
“And you, Potter, will be helping Professor Lockhart answer his fan mail,” said Professor McGonagall.
“波特,你去帮洛哈特教授给他的崇拜者回信。”麦格教授说。
“Oh n — Professor, can't I go and do the trophy room, too?” said Harry desperately.
“啊,不要,我也去擦奖品行吗?”哈利绝望地乞求。
“Certainly not,” said Professor McGonagall, raising her eyebrows.
“当然不行,”麦格教授扬起眉毛,
“Professor Lockhart requested you particularly. Eight o'clock sharp, both of you.”
“洛哈特教授点名要你。你们俩记住,晚上八点整。”
Harry and Ron slouched into the Great Hall in states of deepest gloom, Hermione behind them,wearing a well-you-did-break-school-rules sort of expression.
哈利和罗恩垂头丧气地走进大礼堂,赫敏跟在后面,脸上的表情仿佛是说:“你们的确违反了校规嘛。”