Most of the memories I have from childhood are happy ones.
我童年的大多数回忆都是快乐的
Warm summer days filled with love and light.
充满爱意与阳光的夏日
And the certainty that even the darkest storm would eventually pass.
我也相信就算最可怕的狂风暴雨也终会过去
And for a while, at least, they always did.
虽然黑暗会持续一段时间 但一定会雨过天晴
And then?
然后呢
And then...my parents' car...went off a cliff and...they were both killed.
然后我父母的车坠落悬崖 然后他们丧生了
But you were not.
但是你没有死
No. I survived.
对 我活了下来
Clearly it's...this early exposure to impermanence that makes it so difficult for you to trust in your adult relationships.
显然过早体会到世事无常让你很难相信人与人之间的关系
But how do I get past that?
我要怎样才能克服呢
I mean, I really want to...move forward with this guy at I was telling you about,
我真的很想和我之前提到的那个人有所进展
but...I don't know. I guess I'm just afraid.
但是 我也不知道 我想就是害怕吧
Emily, we've been circling this theme for a year now.
艾米莉 我们已经围绕这个话题聊了一年多了
It's time for you to stop playing the victim.
是时候走出那段不幸的阴影了
Time for you to start taking an active role in your own happiness.
你该放手追逐属于自己的幸福了
Until you do that, the only thing you can expect, from this new relationship or any other is that it will end badly.
不然不论是这段感情 还是以后你的人际交往都不会有完满的结果
Okay. Think about that for next week.
自己好好想想 下周再见
Thank you, Dr. Banks.
谢谢你 班克斯医生