“So,” said Wood, at long last, jerking Harry from a wistful fantasy about what he could beeating for breakfast at this very moment up at the castle.
“就这样,”伍德终于说,一下子把哈利从幻想中惊醒了,因为他这时正在想城堡里会吃些什么早点,
“Is that clear? Any questions?”
“清楚了吗?有什么问题?”
“I've got a question, Oliver,” said George, who had woken with a start.
“我有个问题,奥利弗,”刚刚惊醒过来的乔治说,
“Why couldn't you have told us all this yesterday when we were awake?”
“你为什么不在昨天我们都醒着的时候跟我们说呢?”
Wood wasn't pleased.
伍德有些不快。
“Now, listen here, you lot,” he said, glowering at them all.
“听着,伙计们,”他沉着脸说,
“We should have won the Quidditch Cup last year.
“我们去年就该赢得魁地奇奖杯的。
We're easily the best team.
我们的水平明显高于其他球队,
But unfortunately—owing to circumstances beyond our control—”
不幸的是,由于一些我们无法控制的情况……”
Harry shifted guiltily in his seat.
哈利在椅子上内疚地动了动,
He had been unconscious in the hospital wing for the final match of the previous year, meaning that Gryffindor had been a player short and had suffered their worst defeat in three hundred years.
去年最后决赛时他躺在医院里,昏迷不醒,格兰芬多少了一个球员,结果遭到了三百年来最大的惨败。
Wood took a moment to regain control of himself.
伍德用了一些时间控制住自己的情绪,
Their last defeat was clearly still torturing him.
上次失败的痛楚显然还在折磨着他。
“So this year, we train harder than ever before. . . . Okay, let’s go and put our new theories into practice!” Wood shouted,
“所以今年我们要加倍发奋苦练……好,去把我们的新理论付诸实践吧!”伍德大声说,
seizing his broomstick and leading the way out of the locker rooms. Stifflegged and still yawning, his team followed.
抓起他的扫帚,带头走出了更衣室;他的队员们打着哈欠,拖着麻木的双腿跟在后面。