妙语佳句:
原句:And you humans always make a mess of things.
make a mess:搞乱, 搞成一团糟
I always make a mess when I try to cook anything.
我做饭时总是弄得一团糟。
She says pets can make a mess of the house.
她说动物能把屋子弄的一团糟。
原句:Like your parents, who gobbled up the food of the spirits like pigs.
gobble up:吞没, 消耗掉
The government seems to gobble up the taxpayers' money.
政府似乎大笔大笔地乱花纳税人的税款。
The children gobble up their food and rushed out to play.
孩子们狼吞虎咽地吃完饭就冲出去玩了。
原句:Or, maybe you'd prefer a lump of coal?
a lump of:一块
Please put a lump of sugar in your coffee.
请给你的咖啡里放一块糖。
原句:But I'm sure you didn't do it on your own.
on one's own:独自地, 独立地, 主动地
After graduation, he lives on his own.
毕业后他就独立生活了。
His mind ran on his own troubles.
他老在想自己的烦恼事。
考考你:
而你父母竟然把事情搞砸了。
那是应得的报应,而你也应该变成小猪的。
上期答案:
She's the head honcho here.
he's really sticking his neck out for you.