Nick became available. I had to act quickly.
尼克正好可以,我得立刻请他来
The last thing I need right now is some lunatic in my kitchen.
我的厨房不能有一个疯子
He's not a lunatic. He's exuberant. God knows we could use that around here.
他不是疯子,只是很有活力,大家都需要活力
Exuberant? Are you kidding me? The guy thinks he's Pavarotti.
拜托,他自以为是帕华洛帝
Good evening. Do you have a reservation?
您好,请问有订位吗?
- Yes, Matthews. - Matthews. Yes.
- 是的,敝姓马修 - 马修,没错
May I take your coats, please?
让我帮你们拿大衣
Let me show you to your table. Excuse me.
顺便帮您带位,请跟我来
Your waiter will be right over.
服务生马上会过来
The only demand I had when I took this position...
我接下这工作唯一的条件
...was I get to choose who I work with.
就是让我挑工作伙伴
- Leah would have been just fine. - Leah can barely stand up anymore.
- 黎儿没有我也能做得很好 - 她胜子大到站都站不直
If I push her, she's gonna fall over.
我轻推她一下,她就会整个人倒掉
Holding her crotch and chopping at the same time! Give him a chance.
一边扶胜子一边切菜,给他个机会
- Nick is excellent. - I know nothing about him.
- 尼克是很好的厨师 - 我对他一无所知
- I have no idea what... - Give me some credit.
- 我不知道… - 相信我
- He was the sous-chef at II Treviso. - Italian?
- 他是崔尼索的副主厨 - 意大利餐馆?
You bring a sous-chef from an Italian restaurant, and I'm the one in therapy?
你替法国餐馆找个意大利副主厨,而我却要看心理医生?
We were lucky to get him. Peninsula offered him executive chef.
半岛酒店本来要请他当行政主厨
Why didn't he take it?
他为什么不去?
Because he said he wanted to work with you.
他说他想跟你合作