Harry, Ron, and Hermione were joined at their tray by a curly-haired Hufflepuff boy Harry knew by sight but had never spoken to.
哈利、罗恩、赫敏和一个满头鬈发的赫奇帕奇男孩站在一个盘子旁,哈利觉得他眼熟,但从来没有跟他说过话。
“Justin Finch-Fletchley,” he said brightly, shaking Harry by the hand.
“我叫贾斯廷芬列里,”他欢快地说,使劲摇着哈利的手,
“Know who you are, of course, the famous Harry Potter. . . .
“当然认识你,著名的哈利波特……
And you're Hermione Granger — always top in everything” “and Ron Weasley.
你是赫敏格兰杰—永远是第一……”“还有罗恩韦斯莱,
Wasn't that your flying car?”
那辆飞车是你的吧?”
Ron didn't smile. The Howler was obviously still on his mind.
罗恩没有笑,显然还在想着那封吼叫信。
“That Lockhart's something, isn't he?” said Justin happily as they began filling their plant pots with dragon dung compost.
“那个叫什么洛哈特的,”他们开始往花盆里装龙粪堆肥时,贾斯廷兴致勃勃地说,
“Awfully brave chap. Have you read his books?
“真是个勇敢的人。你们看了他的书没有?
I'd have died of fear if I'd been cornered in a telephone booth by a werewolf, but he stayed cool and — zap — just fantastic.
我要是被一个狼人堵在电话亭里,早就吓死了,他却那么镇静——啧啧——真了不起。
“My name was down for Eton, you know.
“我本来是要上伊顿公学的,
I can't tell you how glad I am I came here instead.
但后来上了这里,我别提多高兴了。
Of course, Mother was slightly disappointed, but since I made her read Lockhart's books I think she's begun to see how useful it'll be to have a fully trained wizard in the family. . . .”
当然,我妈妈有点失望,可是我让她读了洛哈特的书之后,我想她已经开始看到家里有个训练有素的巫师是多么有用……”
After that they didn't have much chance to talk.
此后就没有多少机会交谈了。
Their earmuffs were back on and they needed to concentrate on the Mandrakes.
他们重新戴上了耳套,而且得集中精力对付曼德拉草。