手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 巴斯克维尔的猎犬(精简版) > 正文

《巴斯克威尔猎犬》第51期:陷阱(3)

编辑:Rainbow   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • "But you must keep to the path between the Stapletons'house and the Grimpen road,
  • “可是,您得坚持走从斯台普顿家的宅邸与格林盆大路之间的那条小路,
  • which is your natural way home. Do not leave the path. "
  • 那正是您回家的必经之路。不要离开那条道。”
  • I was very surprised by all this. Holmes had told Stapleton that he would return to London,
  • 所有这些叫我大吃一惊。福尔摩斯曾告诉过斯台普顿他将回伦敦去,
  • but he had not said that I was going too.
  • 但在那时并没有说我也将回去。
  • And I was very worried that neither of us would be with Sir Henry when he walked across the moor that night.
  • 我还为亨利爵士在傍晚走过沼地时我们二人都不能与他做伴而感到担忧。
  • But we had to obey Holmes' orders.
  • 可是我们必须得听从福尔摩斯的吩咐。
  • Holmes and I left Baskerville Hall immediately after breakfast and went to the station at Newtown.
  • 我和福尔摩斯在早饭过后马上离开了巴斯克维尔庄园,还去了纽顿的火车站。
  • A small boy was waiting on the platform.
  • 一个小男孩正在站台上等着。
  • "Any orders, sir?"he asked Holmes.
  • “有什么吩咐吗,先生?”他对福尔摩斯问道。
  • "You will take the train to London, my boy. When you get there, you will send a telegram to Sir Henry in my name.
  • “孩子,你就乘这趟火车去伦敦吧。你到了那儿时,就以我的名义向亨利爵士发封电报。
  • It will ask him to send to me at Baker Street the pocket book I left at the Hall. "
  • 请他把我丢在了庄园的那个笔记本给我寄到贝克街去。”
  • I began to understand some of Holmes' plan. When Sir Henry received the telegram sent by Holmes' boy,
  • 我开始明白福尔摩斯的计划中的某些端倪了。亨利爵士收到福尔摩斯雇的男孩发来的电报时,
  • he would think that we had arrived in London. He would tell Stapleton,
  • 他就会认为我们已抵达伦敦了。他将告给斯台普顿,
  • who would then also believe that we were far away from Baskerville Hall.
  • 那么斯台普顿也就会相信我们已远远地离开了巴斯克维尔庄园。
  • In fact, we would be very close in case Sir Henry needed us.
  • 事实上,我们在亨利爵士万一需要我们时就近在咫尺。
  • We left the station and went to see Mrs Laura Lyons. I introduced Holmes to her.
  • 我们离开了车站,去见劳拉·莱昂丝太太。我把福尔摩斯介绍给了她。
  • After they had shaken hands, he said:"Dr Watson has told me everything, Mrs Lyons.
  • 他俩握手之后,他说道:“华生医生告诉了我一切,莱昂丝太太。
  • We see Sir Charles'death as a case of murder. Both Stapleton and his wife are suspects.
  • 我们认为查尔斯爵士的死是一桩谋杀案。斯台普顿及其妻子都是该案的嫌疑犯。”


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

1. in case conj. 万一;假使

eg. I told them what each was to do in case of an emergency.
我告诉他们在紧急情况下各自要做的事。

eg. Do tell us in case you have any trouble.
万一有什么困难,一定告诉我们。

2. far away from 远离;离……远

eg. If you are still far away from your ideal balanced day schedule, try to think about an ideal balanced week.
如果你仍然远离你的理想平衡天时间表,试着去思考一个理想的平衡的星期。

eg. I wish I could live in a magic place far away from my troubles, like the Hotel California from the cool Eagles song.
但愿我能住在一个有魔法的地方,远离我的烦恼,如很酷的老鹰乐队歌曲《加州旅馆》里的那样。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
telegram ['teligræm]

想一想再看

n. 电报
vt. 向 ... 发电报

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
platform ['plætfɔ:m]

想一想再看

n. 平台,站台,月台,讲台,(政党的)政纲

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。