He’s competing for promotion against two rivals, Smith and Jones.
他正在为了升迁而和另两个同事竞争, 史密斯和琼斯.
To get the edge, you have wisely decided to invite the boss...
为了胜过他们, 你十分明智的 邀请他的上司...
and his wife to a 7:00 dinner. ...
携夫人七点钟来进晚餐.
You’ve carefully planned your meal...
你小心翼翼的准备好食物...
set your table and arranged for a babysitter.
摆好餐桌,安排好保姆.
Oh, we have babies! -Yes, and I have twins!
哦,我们还有宝宝呐! -可不,我有一对双胞胎!
Then, surprise. It’s 6:1 5...
结果,令人惊讶的是. 6:15的时候...
and your husband’s called to say that Smith, Jones and their wives... ..
.你的丈夫致电通知你, 由于他的上司的要求...
have been invited at the boss’s request.
史密斯和琼斯亦将携夫人出席晚餐.
Ever the Wellesley girl...
韦尔斯利学院的姑娘们...
you keep your cool and understand... ...
你们要保持冷静并且想到...
that the boss is probably testing you as much as your husband. What next? ...
也许他的上司正通过测试你来 考验你的丈夫. 接下来该怎么办?
Yes? -File for divorce?
你说? -申请离婚?
That’s very funny.
非常有趣.
But the thing is, it’s not a joke.
但问题是, 这可不是玩笑.
A few years from now your sole responsibility
几年后你们唯一的职责便是...
will be taking care of your husband and children. ...
照顾你们的丈夫和孩子.
You may all be here...
可能在这里你们...
for an easy A... ...
只是为了取得A...
but the grade that matters the most is the one he gives you, not me. ...
但是真正至关重要的分数是 由他给你打的,而不是我.
You’ll need to-- -Whatever you do...
你们应该-- -不管你做什么...
don’t put the boss’s wife next to your husband.
都别让上司的老婆靠近你的丈夫.
Why not? -She’s screwing him.
为什么不? -她会抢走他的.
Is that where you learned to speak ltalian? In ltaly?
你在哪里学的意大利文? 意大利么?
Yeah.
是的.