“Harry,” said Lockhart, his large white teeth gleaming in the sunlight as he shook his head. “Harry, Harry, Harry.”
“哈利,”洛哈特摇着头,洁白的大牙齿在阳光下闪闪发亮,“哈利呀,哈利呀,哈利。”
Completely nonplussed, Harry said nothing.
哈利完全摸不着头脑,没有答腔。
“When I heard — well, of course, it was all my fault. Could have kicked myself.”
“当我听说—哦,当然,这都是我的错。我真想踢自己几脚。”
Harry had no idea what he was talking about.
哈利不知道他在说什么。
He was about to say so when Lockhart went on, “Don't know when I've been more shocked.
他正要表示疑问,洛哈特又接下去说:“我从来没有这么吃惊过。
Flying a car to Hogwarts!
开汽车飞到霍格沃茨!
Well, of course, I knew at once why you'd done it. Stood out a mile. Harry, Harry, Harry.”
当然,我马上就知道你为什么这么做了,一目了然。哈利呀,哈利呀,哈利。”
It was remarkable how he could show every one of those brilliant teeth even when he wasn't talking.
真奇怪,他不说话的时候居然也能露出每一颗晶亮的牙齿。
“Gave you a taste for publicity, didn't I?” said Lockhart.
“我让你尝到了出名的滋味,是不是?”洛哈特说,
“Gave you the bug. You got onto the front page of the paper with me and you couldn't wait to do it again.”
“使你上了瘾。你和我一起上了报纸第一版,就迫不及待地想再来一次。”
“Oh, no, Professor, see —”
“哦—不是的,老师,我—”
“Harry, Harry, Harry,” said Lockhart, reaching out and grasping his shoulder.
“哈利呀,哈利呀,哈利,”洛哈持伸手抓住他的肩膀。