How about a little dinner before What’s My Line?
在《我的爱好是什么》开始前吃晚餐如何?
How about a little drink?
喝一杯如何?
Her companion died in May.
她的伙伴五月的时候死了.
Companion?
伙伴?
You know, companion.
没错, 是伙伴.
Josephine Burns. Taught biology here for 30 years.
约瑟芬 彭斯. 教了30年的生物学.
You’ll love it her, Katherine. You’ll see.
你会喜欢上这里, 凯瑟琳,绝对的.
I already do. I—Honestly, it’s beautiful. It’s perfect, really.
我承认我已经爱上这里了, 很美. 简直是尽善尽美.
Well, don’t fool yourself. They have claws underneath their white gloves.
噢,别给蒙蔽了. 她们的爪子可还藏 在套里没露出来呢.
Who?
谁?
The alumnae, their offspring, the faculty. You name it.
校董们啊, 她们的女儿啊,教员们啊. 你讲出来.
Watch out for yourself.
当心你自己.
Too much independence frightens them.
太过独立的个性会令他们不安.
Will you please stop? -Oh, a word of advice.
你不歇一会儿? -噢, 还有一条建议.
Don’t let those girls know that they got to you.
别让那些女孩子以为吃透你了.
They didn’t. -Good for you.
她们没有. -干得不错.
You almost convinced me.
我几乎相信你了.
What is that? -You tell me.
这是什么? -你来告诉我.
Carcass by Soutine. 1925.
苏蒂恩的《屠宰后的牲畜》. 绘于1925年.
It’s not on the syllabus. –No, it’s not.
教科书上没有. -的确, 上面没有.