Just a few rules. No holes in the walls.
只有几条规定. 墙上不能打洞.
No pets, no loud noises, no radio or hi-fi after 8 on weekdays...
禁止养宠物,禁止喧哗, 周一至周五晚8点后禁止听收音机或音响...
10 on weekends... ...
周末可延长到10点...
no hot plates and no male visitors. ...
禁止使用电熨斗以及不能有男性访客.
Anything wrong?
有什么不妥吗?
I don’t think I can go a year without a hot plate.
我没有电熨斗可不行.
Don’t you just love chintz?
你不是只喜欢印花棉布么?
And look.
看看这个.
They match.
很相配.
Sweet, right? Your room’s here.
亲爱的, 如何? 这就是你的房间了.
My room is just across the way...
我的房间在对面...
and Amanda Armstrong’s down the other end. ...
阿曼达 阿姆斯壮的房间在另一头.
You grew up here? -My whole life. –
你在这儿长大? -我的一生都在这里.
You’ll meet my parents when they come to visit.
我的父母来时你可以见到他们.
They visit? -Regularly. –
他们会来? -经常来.
What do you teach? -Speech, elocution and poise. –
你教什么? -谈吐,演讲以及仪态.
Dinners are communal, so I’ll handle that.
晚餐一起吃,我负责烹饪.
But breakfast and lunch, you’re on your own. So...
早餐和午餐自己解决. 所以...
we each get our own shelf. I’ll make your label this evening. ...
我们都有自己储物格. 今晚我会给你的贴上标签.
I don’t need to tell you, everything on our individual shelves is sacrosanct.
不用我说, 在各人储物格里的私人物品 是神圣不可侵犯的.
I just knew when we met...
我就知道...
we’d be instant friends. ...
我们会成为一拍即合的好朋友.