He died, um, sitting in his favorite chair...
他过身时坐在椅子上。
listening to his favorite program on the wireless.
听着他最爱的广播节目。
He must have known something.
他一定有预感。
My husband's the British trade minister and we've been here for 1 4 months.
我先生是贸易局局长,我们待在这里有14个月了。
Good God. He were supposed to go to Peking...
天啊,我们应该去北京。
but, um, it never seemed to work out.
不过一直没有去成。
Have you been in the Far East?
你去过远东吗?
No. I've never been anywhere, really.
没,其实我哪儿都没去过。
I mean, outside of harbors.
除了港口以外。
And where is it that you're from?
你打哪儿来?
I didn't know there was another.
新奥尔良只有一个。
And she told me about all the places she had been, and what she had seen.
她告诉我她去过的地方,还有她看过什么。
And we talked till just before the dawn.
我们一直聊到破晓之前。
And we went back to our rooms...
然后我们各自回房间。
to our separate lives.
过着各自的生活。
But every night, we'd meet again in that lobby.
不过每晚都会在大厅见面。
A hotel in the middle of the night can be a magical place.
半夜的酒店是个神奇的地方。
A mouse running and stopping.
老鼠在跑,然后停下来。
A radiator hissing.
暖气发出嘶嘶声。
A curtain blowing.
窗帘被风吹开。
There's something peaceful, even comforting...
让人觉得很宁静,甚至很安慰。
knowing that the people you love are asleep in their beds...
因为你爱的人都睡着了。
where nothing can harm them.
什么都不会伤害他们。