妙语佳句:
1. be surrounded by... 被包围……;被……围绕着
eg. Don't get me wrong; it's hard for me to be surrounded by clutter and chaos.
别理解错了,我可受不了周围堆满混乱一团的杂物。
eg. Feeling lonely is more than just unpleasant for those who yearn to be surrounded by warm relationships—it is a health hazard.
孤独感不仅仅令那些渴望与周围人建立良好关系的人产生不快,而且还会威胁他们的健康。
2. What do you say? 你的意思如何?/有何高见?
eg. What do you say when you meet a foreigner for the first time?
你和一个外国人第一次碰面时,你说什么?
eg. What do you say to transshipment at Hong Kong?
在香港转船,你意下如何?
3. It was almost as difficult to accept a natural explanation as a supernatural explanation.
合乎自然的解释几乎和超乎自然的解释一样难以叫人接受。
almost as... as... 几乎和……一样
eg. But hundreds who have jobs live in conditions that are almost as bad as his.
然而,数百名有工作的人,居住条件却几乎和他一样糟糕。
eg. That was when it was almost as poor as China. It is much harder for a middle-income country, as Brazil now is, to grow at such rates.
那个时候的巴西几乎跟今天的中国一样穷.对于今天巴西这样的中等收入的国家来说,想保持那样的经济增长速度谈何容易。