A stooping man had appeared behind the counter, smoothing hisgreasyhair back from his face.
一个躬腰驼背的男人出现在柜台后面,用手向后捋着油光光的头发。
“Mr. Malfoy, what a pleasure to see you again,” said Mr. Borgin in a voice as oily as his hair.
“马尔福先生,再次见到您真让人愉快。”博金先生用和他的头发一样油滑的腔调说道,
“Delighted — and young Master Malfoy, too — charmed.
“非常荣幸——还有马尔福少爷——欢迎光临。
How may I be of assistance? I must show you, just in today, and very reasonably priced —”
我能为您做些什么?我一定要给您看看,今天刚进的,价钱非常公道——”
“I’m not buying today, Mr. Borgin, but selling,” said Mr. Malfoy.
“我今天不买东西,博金先生,我是来卖东西的。”马尔福先生说。
“Selling?” The smile faded slightly from Mr. Borgin’s face.
“卖东西?”博金先生脸上的笑容稍稍减少了一些。
“You have heard, of course, that the Ministry is conducting more raids,” said Mr. Malfoy, takinga roll ofparchment from his inside pocket and unraveling it for Mr. Borgin to read.
“你想必听说了,部里加紧了抄查。”马尔福先生说着,从衣服内侧的口袋里摸出一卷羊皮纸,展开给博金先生看。
“I have a few — ah — items at home that mightembarrassme, if the Ministry were to call. . . .”
“我家里有一些——啊——可能给我造成不便的东西,如果部里来……”
Mr. Borgin fixed a pair of pince-nez to his nose and looked down the list.
博金先生戴上一副夹鼻眼镜,低头看着清单。
“The Ministry wouldn’t presume to trouble you, sir, surely?”
“想来部里不会去打搅您吧,先生?”
Mr. Malfoy’s lip curled.
马尔福先生撇了撇嘴。
“I have not been visited yet.
“目前还没有来过。
The name Malfoy still commands a certain respect, yet the Ministry grows ever more meddlesome.
马尔福的名字还有一点威望,可是部里越来越好管闲事了。
There are rumors about a new Muggle Protection Act — no doubt that flea-bitten, Muggle-loving fool Arthur Weasley is behind it —”
据说要出台一部新的《麻瓜保护法》—定是那个邋里邋遢的蠢货亚瑟韦斯莱在背后搞鬼,他最喜欢麻瓜——”
Harry felt a hot surge of anger.
哈利觉得怒火中烧。