I know your wife is dead.
我知道你妻子死了
I was there in Croatia.
我当时也在克罗地亚
I was there for one reason.
我去那里只有一个任务
One. And I failed.
一个 我却失败了
It was my job to protect her.
保护她是我的责任
How do you know she's dead?
你怎么知道她死了
There was a body.
找到尸体了
Did you see it?
你亲眼见到了吗
You killed those Serbians.
你杀了那些塞尔维亚人
I had to get her back.
我要把她救回来
You were sent to Rankow Prison.
你进了兰卡监狱
That was a sacrifice I was willing to make.
那是我自愿做出的牺牲
IMF suspected Hendricks had people in Rankow.
IMF怀疑兰卡监狱里有亨德里克斯的人
And six dead Serbians was the ideal cover.
而杀死六个塞尔维亚人是你的最佳掩护
Waste not, want not.
算是为民除害吧
The Secretary never told me.
部长一直没告诉我
I accepted the Rankow Prison mission on one condition.
我接受兰卡监狱的任务只有一个条件
That no one could know she was still alive.
不能有人知道她还活着
But you're telling me.
但你告诉我了
When did you find out that I was in Croatia?
你什么时候知道我当时也在克罗地亚
I pulled your file after India.
我从印度回来后查了你的档案
Right. So you had to fake your wife's death.
好吧 所以 你不得不假造你妻子的死
As long as we were together, she could never be safe.
只要我们在一起 她就永远有危险
It wasn't your job to protect her, Brandt.
保护她不是你的责任 勃兰特
It's mine.
是我的责任