我要给他许多机会来克服害羞
By the sixth grade, I'd learned to control myself.
到了六年级 我收敛了不少
Then Sherry Stalls entered the picture.
结果雪莉·斯图闯了进来
Sherry Stalls was nothing but a whiny,gossipy, backstabbing flirt.
雪莉·斯图不过是个爱发牢骚 八卦 喜欢暗箭伤人的轻佻女孩
All hair and no substance.
秀发迷人但徒有其表
And there she was...holding hands with Bryce. My Bryce.
她过来了 与布莱斯十指紧扣 是我的布莱斯
The one was walking around with my first kiss.
这个人还等待着我的初吻呢
My solution was to ignore her. I knew a boy of Bryce's caliber...would eventually see through a shallow conniver like Sherry Stalls.
我的对策就是无视她 我知道聪明如布莱斯 终有一天会识穿雪莉·斯图的浅薄
It took all of a week. They broke up at recess.
果然不出一周 他们在午休时分手了
She didn't take it well.
她很生气
Now that Bryce was out of Sherry's evil clutches,he started being nicer to me.
布莱斯逃离了雪莉的魔爪 他对我的态度也好多了
Bryce:Hi, Juli.
你好 朱莉
Juli:Hi, Bryce.
你好 布莱斯
He was so shy and so cute...and his hair, it smelled like watermelon.
他是如此腼腆 如此可爱 他的发间散发着淡淡的西瓜味
I couldn't get enough of it.
我总是闻不够
I spent the whole year secretly sniffing watermelon...and wondering if I was ever going to get my kiss.
一整年我都在偷偷闻着那股西瓜味 幻想着我何时能得到我的初吻