Ethan? Jeez, I thought you were dead!
伊森 老天 我以为你死了
We are.
是快死了
Who's this?
他是谁
Agents Dunn and Carter. William Brandt, Chief Analyst.
这是邓恩和卡特特工 威廉·勃兰特 首席参谋
Analyst?
参谋
Agent confirmed.
特工确认
How will the worldfinallyend?
这个世界将如何终结
It is my job to predict the unthinkable.
我的工作就是预测无法想象的事
To treat the death of billions as a game.
将几十亿生命当作游戏
After 20 years of this, I was numb.
就这么过了20年 我麻木了
Until a new question crossed my mind.
直到一个新问题出现在我脑海
What happens after the end of the world?
世界末日之后将会怎样
Are you sure your line is secure?
你确定这条线路安全吗
Every two or three million years...
每隔两到三百万年
Are you certain your line is secure?
你确信这条线路安全吗
some natural catastrophe devastates all life on Earth.
自然灾害就会摧毁地球上的所有生命
But life goes on.
但生命还在继续
And what little remains is made stronger.
少数的生存者变得更加强大
Put simply, world destruction is an unpleasant,
也就是说 世界毁灭是个痛苦
but necessary part of evolution.
却必不可少的进化过程
What happens then, I wondered,
我在想到那时会发生什么
when mankind faces the next end of the world?
当人类面对下一个世界末日
I don't care what you have to do to get him to Dubai.
我不在乎你怎么把他带到迪拜
I'll make it worth his while. Just do it.
我保证会有价值 你就给我去办
I looked to Hiroshima, Nagasaki.
我看到广岛和长崎
I'll be waiting for your call.
我等你电话
thriving cities rebuilt from the ashes,
从废墟中重生的繁荣城市
monuments to the unimaginable,
建起了宏伟的纪念碑
dedicated to the concept of peace.
从此致力于和平的意义
It occurred to me here that nuclear war might have a place
我不禁想到 核战争也许就是
in the natural order.
自然进化的一部分
But only if it could becontrolled.
但只有让我们对它加以控制
Only if it touched every living soul equally.
并且平等地降临在每一个人身上