Lesson 1 It Sounds Like A Great Story.
听起来是个很棒的报道
In business news,stock prices are up.
商业新闻:股票价格上涨,
International Computer Key Company is up two dollars,but no one knows why.
凯伊国际计算机公司的股票涨到两美元,但是没有人知道这其中的原因。
WEFL is investigating International Computer.
WEFL 正在进一步了解国际计算机公司的情况,
We will report on the company in tomorrow's "Business Update."
我们将在明天的“商业快讯”中发布有关这个公司的报导。
Thanks for being with us for WEFL's morning"Business Update".
谢谢收看WEFL电台的早间“商业快讯”节目,
I'm Jake Seltzer.Goodbye for now.
我是杰克.萨尔茨,再见。
Good job,Jake.Here are some of your stories for tomorrow.
干得好,杰克。这是明天你的节目内容。
Now wait,Steven.I need a minute of your time.
等一下,史蒂文,我想占用你一点儿时间。
Jake,I'm off to the doctor right now.Can it wait?
杰克,我现在要去看医生,能等会儿再谈吗?
I know you're busy and I hate to bother you,Steven,but this is important.
我知道你很忙,我也不愿打扰你,史蒂文,但这事很重要。
It's not as important as my doctor's appointment...OK.One minute.
这没有我与医生的预约重要吧....好吧,就一分钟。
Why is Abbott Larkin in Stamford now?
你知道为什么阿伯特.拉金现在在斯坦福德吗?
The president of International Computer?What's he doing here?
国际计算机公司的总裁?他来这干什么?
He's staying at the Stamford Hotel.
他正住在斯坦福德宾馆。
So what?What's so important?
那又怎样,有什么重要的?
He's meeting with James Brady right now. What?
他现在正在与詹姆斯.布朗迪会谈。 什么?
Larkin's talking to James Brady,the president of NIT.
拉金正与詹姆斯.布朗迪,NIT的总裁会谈。
I don't understand.What does that mean?
我不明白,那意味着什么?
James Brady and Abbott Larkin are meeting in secret.
詹姆斯. 布朗迪与阿伯特.拉金在秘密会面,
They're making a deal,and I think it's an important story.
他们正在做交易,我想这是重要的新闻,
I want an interview with Larkin. Why?
我想对拉金做个采访。为什么?
Larkin's company is losing money now.
拉金的公司现在正在亏损,
Larkin needs more customers.I think he's selling his company to James Brady.
拉金需要更多的顾客,我想他打算将他的公司卖给詹姆斯.布朗迪,
That's why he's here now.
这是他现在在这儿的原因。
NIT is buying Larkin's company?I like that story.
NIT正在收购拉金的公司?我喜欢那个题材。
Do you realize it's one of the biggest mergers in history?
你意识到这是历史上最大的并购了吗?
I love it!
太棒了!
What's Mike doing now?
迈克现在在做什么?
He's busy.He's lighting the new set now.He needs more time to finish.
他很忙,他正在给新的背景装灯光设备,他还得一段时间才能干完。
This is more important,Steven.
这件事更重要,史蒂文。
OK.I want you to go to the hotel right now.
好,我要你现在就去宾馆找到拉金,
Find Larkin.I'll send Mike with a camera.Mike,I need you.
我会派迈克带着摄像机去的,迈克,我需要你。
What's up?
什么事?
Jake's going to the Stamford Hotel.
杰克要去斯坦福德宾馆,
I want you to follow him with a camera.Hurry.
我希望你带着摄像机与他一起去,快点。
I hate to leave now,Steven.I'm lighting the new set.
我现在不想走,史蒂文,我正在安装灯光设备。
I realize that,Mike.Believe me.It's important.
我知道,迈克。相信我,这事很重要。
I'm on my way.
我马上出发。
Oh,no.I have to run.
噢,天哪。我得快走了。
Maria,I have to run. You look busy.
噢,天哪。我得快走了。玛丽亚,我得走了。
I am.Can you help Jake?He's at the Stamford Hotel.
是的。你能帮帮杰克吗?他在斯坦福德宾馆,
He's looking for Abbott Larkin,President of International Computer.
他正在找阿伯特.拉金——国际计算机公司的总裁。
Abbott Larkin?In Stamford?That seems odd.
阿伯特.拉金吗?在斯坦福德?这有点怪。
It does seem odd.He's talking about a merger with NIT.
这事确实有点怪,他正在与NIT公司谈合并的事。
It sounds like a good story.
听起来这是个很不错新闻。
It sounds like a great story.And I'm late for a doctor's appointment.
听起来这是个很棒的新闻,我不能按时赴与医生的预约了。
Anne and I have to see the doctor about the baby.
我和安妮得去看医生,检查一下孩子的情况。
That's right,Anne's pregnant.How does she feel?
好的。安妮怀孕了,她感觉怎么样?
Not good.She feels sick.You know.
不太好,嗯,她有点恶心。
How do you feel?
你感觉怎么样?
I'm afraid.Babies scare me.Does that seem silly?
我有点担心,要有孩子了,我真感到惊慌失措。这看起来是不是有点傻?
No,it doesn't seem silly,Steven.I think it's normal.
不,一点都不傻,史蒂文。我想这很正常。
Take care of Anne.I'll help Jake. Thanks.
照顾好安妮,我来帮杰克。谢谢。
This is end of lesson 1.
第一课已经结束了。