01.You are leaving
如果你是要离开的一方,道别时为了礼貌地引入话题,可以这样说:
just wanted to let you know
想跟你说一下
为什么这里用过去式(past tense)呢?Adam讲到,主要传递两个信号”
polite 礼貌的
done in the past 是过去完成的
离职时回顾过去的时光,主要用到
present perfect 现在完成时
past simple 一般过去时
I've enjoyed doing.
做......时我很享受。
It's been a pleasure doing.
很开心能......
I've enjoyed working here with all of you.
我很开心和你们大家一起工作
I've really enjoyed every minute of working with you.
我很享受与你们共事的每分每秒。
Adam讲,自己最喜欢的说法是调侃式的:
It's a pleasure being stuck in the same elevator with you.
很开心曾和你困在一个电梯里。
虽然有很多花式表达不舍的方式,最常用的永远是最简洁的一句:
It's been a pleasure.
过去的时间很开心。
I've learnt so much from this experience/ job/ internship.
我从这段经历/实习中学到了很多。
I will take this experience with me wherever I go.
这段经历将永远伴随着我。
I'll miss you all/ this experience.
我会想念你们大家/这段经历的。
02.Your colleague is leaving
对于即将离开的人,你要如何送出告别祝福呢?
All the best with job/ job search/ everything.
希望你一切顺利。
比如你是领导,向离职的人告别,正式的写法是
All the best with your future endeavors.
endeavor 努力,企图
除了祝福对方的未来,还可以这样表达不舍和对曾经共事的时光的珍惜。
It won't be the same without you. 等你离开,会让我们觉得怅然若失。
能和你共事是我的荣幸:
It's been a pleasure.
The pleasure is mine.
It's been a slice.
Adam讲到,这里的slice表示
a slice of cake/ pizza
是指令人回味悠长而难忘的美食。
你还想叮嘱对方保持联系:
Don't be a stranger.
别成陌生人啦!
KIT: keep in touch. = Stay/ be in touch. 保持联系
其实,不管是你要离开还是你要送别人离开,这些句子从两个角度都可以用。毕竟分离时双方的心情是一样的,只需稍作改动就可以。
03.Work on/ in/ with this team
最后补充一个知识点:“在这个团队里工作”,介词用on, in, with分别有哪些区别呢?
work on a team
the preposition on means that the subject works as a member of a team.
介词on表示作为团队成员工作
work with a team
the preposition with means that the subject works in a cooperative way, although it could also indicate membership of a team.
with表示和团队一起协作,而不一定是团队的一员
work in a team
the preposition in in this case seems to mean location within a team, but this does not convey the same sense of participation suggested in the first two examples.
in表示物理位置在这个团队当中,但不像with和in一样表达了参与感。
关注公众号【开言英语OpenLanguage】,可获得每期精美笔记。