company
公司
He works in the largest computer company in the world.
他在全球最大的计算机公司工作。
陪伴;作伴
I enjoy Joe's company=I enjoy being with him.
我喜欢和乔在一起。
Don't go. I need your company.
不要走,我需要你的陪伴。
keep sb company
陪某人作伴
He is busy with his work. But he always finds time to keep me company.
他工作很忙,但是他总会找到时间陪我。
Conversation:
A: What are you doing this weekend?
你这周末打算干什么?
B: I don't have any plans yet, do you?
我目前还没有什么打算,你有吗?
A: Yes, I'm going to go bungee jumping on Saturday.
我想好了,我打算周六去蹦极。
B: Can I come and watch?
我可以去看看吗?
A: Sure. You should do a jump yourself.
当然可以,你还可以亲自跳一下。
B: Are you kidding? Believe it or not, that is the last thing I'd ever want to do.
开玩笑吧,信不信由你,实在没得干我才会想去做这个。
the last thing表示“最不想做的事情”
A: People do it all the time. You won't get hurt.
大家都玩这个,你不会受伤的。
B: Don't you think it's just a little bit dangerous?
你不觉得这个有点危险吗?
A: The people who run the company have lots of safety producers
蹦极公司的工作人员有很多安全措施。
B: That's not the point. I don't like doing risky things.
重点不是这个,我不喜欢做任何有风险的事。
A: Okay. You don't have to do it if you don't want to.
好了,如果你不想跳,可以不跳。
B: Good, I'll come and watch though.
好极了,我还是会去看看的。
A: It'll be good to have some company.
有人陪着我也挺不错的。
B: Will they teach you how to use any safety equipment before you jump?
你跳之前,他们会教你怎么使用安全设施吗?
A: They will explain what to do and what to expect, but there isn't much you can do if the cord breaks.
他们会向你讲解清楚怎么做,会发生什么事情。可是一旦绳子断了,你也无计可施。
B: So it is really dangerous then!
所以这项运动还是相当危险的。
A: Don't worry, I'll be fine.
别担心,我不会有事的。
B: You're absolutely crazy. I can't believe you're going to do it.
你真是疯了,我真不敢相信你会去蹦极。
A: You should try it. If you face your fears, you'll be able to do anything.
你应该尝试一下,如果你敢于直面自己的恐惧,你就什么都不怕了。
B: Trust me, extreme sports are not for me.
相信我,极限运动不适合我。