实用表达(Useful Expressions)
I'm stuck in front of a computer all day.
我在电脑面前熬了一整夜。
I worry about my grades very much.
我非常担心我的成绩。
Don't take on more than you can handle. Plan ahead.
不要承受太多你应付不来的。提前计划。
对话dialogue
A: Good morning. Did you sleep well last night?
早上好,你昨晚睡得好吗?
B: I slept like a baby. I fell asleep right away last night, didn't wake up once and didn't have any nightmares.
我睡得像个婴儿,我昨晚很快就睡着了,而且一次都没有醒过,也没有做噩梦。
A: That's great news. You look much more relaxed than you did yesterday.
这可是个好消息,你看上去比昨天轻松多了。
B: I feel much better, but I'm still worried about something.
我觉得好多了,可是对有些事情还是有些担心。
A: What's that?
担心什么?
B: Well, I have to drive to school for a meeting this morning and I'm going to end up getting stuck in rush-hour traffic.
我今天上午要开车去学校开个会,我肯定会遇到上班高峰儿,堵在路上。
A: That's annoying, but nothing to worry about.
这的确挺烦人的,但没有什么可担心的。
B: For me, traffic jams are quite stressful because I'm pretty impatient. How can I prevent myself from getting stressed if I get stuck in a traffic jam?
对于我来说,堵车会让我非常焦虑,因为我特别没有耐心。如果遇到堵车,怎么才能让自己不那么紧张呢?
A: Just breathe deeply when you feel yourself getting upset.
当你觉得心情不好的时候就深呼吸。
B: Okay, I'll try that.
我会试试看的。
A: Is there anything else bothering you?
还有什么其他的事情让你烦心吗?
B: Just one more thing. A school called me this morning to see if I could teach a few classes this weekend and I don't know what to do.
还有一件事,有个学校今天早上打电话给我,问我愿不愿意这周末去他们那儿教几节课,我不知道该怎么办。
A: Do you have any other plans this weekend?
你周末有什么其他的安排吗?
B: I'm supposed to work on a paper that's due on next Monday.
我要写一篇下周一要交的论文。
A: Try not to take on more than you can handle.
不要承担太多你应付不了的事情。
B: You are right. I probably should just work on my paper. Thanks.
你说的对。我是应该只专心写我的论文,谢谢。