I suggest
I think
I don't think you should...
You should..(否定在后面加not)
You ought to..
You'd better..(否定在后面加not)
I suggest you keep early hours from now on.
我建议你现在开始早睡早起。
A: Are you feeling better today, Steven?
史蒂芬,你今天感觉好点了吗?
B: Much better. But I am still coughing at night.
好多了,就是晚上睡觉的时候还会咳嗽。
A: You should take advice from your doctor to quit smoking. It's bad for your health.
你应该听取医生的建议,把烟戒掉,它很不利于你恢复健康。
B: It doesn't matter. I'm sure I'll be all right in a few days. Just like I got sick last time, I still got better even if I smoke.
没关系,我相信过几天我的病就会好了。我上一次生病,即使我吸烟也不照样好了。
A: That's because you weren't seriously ill last time. But this time, the doctor has made it clear to you not to smoke.
那是因为你上次病的不严重,但这次医生已经明确给你建议,让你不要吸烟。
B: Easier said than done. I'm a heavy smoker and it's really hard for me to quit smoking now.
说的容易做着难。我是老烟民了,现在戒烟对我来说真的很困难。
A: Not that hard. You can make it if you make up your mind.
并没有那么难,只要你下定决心,就一定能成功的。
B: Actually, I tried it a long time ago, but it all ended in failure.
其实我很早以前就是过了,但都以失败告终。
A: But this time is different. You're working for your health. You have a goal.
但这次不一样啊,你是在为了你的健康而努力,你有了目标。
B: But you know, I often stay up late and smoking keeps me awake.
但你知道的,我经常熬夜,吸烟能让我保持清醒。
A: Why didn't you go to bed earlier?
你为什么不早点睡呢?
B: I've been busy with a project recently. And one week is the deadline. I have to finish it during this time.
最近我忙于一个项目,还有一个星期就是截止时间了,我必须在这段时间内完成。
A: You will have plenty of time after this, so you'd better go to bed and get up early by then.
忙完这段时间,你的时间就很充足了,所以你最好还是早睡早起吧。
B: You are right. I should change my habits. I'll give it a try. Thank you.
说得对,我是应该改改我的习惯了,我会试试的,谢谢你。
A: I hope you can get better soon and quit smoking successfully.
希望你能够尽快好起来,并且成功戒烟。