Trust me.
相信我
I'm telling the truth.
我在实话实说
Believe it or not, that's the way it is.
信不信由你,这就是事实。
I wouldn't lie to you.
我是不会向你撒谎的。
I wouldn't try to trick you.
我是不会欺骗你的。
You've got to believe me.
你要相信我。
Why would I lie about this?
关于这件事我为什么要撒谎?
You can take my word for it.
你可以相信我说的话。
You can count on me.
你可以相信我。
You lied to me.
你骗了我。
You told me wrong.
你骗我。
I'll never trust you again.
我再也不相信你了。
Stop lying to me.
别再骗我了。
I can tell you are lying.
我能看出来你在骗我。
You can fool me once, but you can't fool me twice.
你能骗的了我一次,但是骗不了我两次。
I don't buy that.
我不相信。
Why didn't you tell me about this before?
你为什么之前不告诉我?
Conversation:
A: I just found a bag on the street with one thousand dollars in it.
我刚刚在路上捡到了一个钱包,里面有1000美元。
B: What? That's a lot of money. You have to turn it in to the police.
什么?那可是一大笔钱呢,你应该把它交给警察。
A: Are you nuts? You are right, it is a lot of money. I'm keeping it.
你说的对,确实是一大笔钱,钱归我了。
B: But it's not yours. Just think if you were the person who lost all that money, how would you feel?
但那不是你的。你想想,要是你是那个丢了钱这么多钱的人,你会有什么感受?
A: Pretty bad, but I'm not that person.
很糟糕,但是我不是那个人。
B: Don't be so selfish. Do the right thing. Besides, if the police can't find the owner, they will give the money back to you, and even if they do, the owner will probably give you a reward.
不要这么自私。你应该做正确的事情。而且,如果警察找不到失主的话,他们会把钱再给你的。再说,就算他们找到了失主,失主也可能会给你一些回报的。
A: Well, I guess you're right. I would feel a bit guilty keeping it. Okay, I agree. Let's go to the police station together.
好吧,我想你说得对。留下这笔钱让我有一点儿负罪感。好,我同意了,咱们一起去警察局吧。