情景对话:
Jay: What's so damn hard? It's the same thing every week! Amnesia, evil twins, two ladies end up fighting in a fountain. I mean, what is it? Is it some sort of an escape.
有什么难的?每周都是一样的东西啊。失忆,邪恶的双胞胎,两个女人在喷泉里面打架。什么原因戒不掉,是把它当成了逃避现实。
Gloria: It's better than blowing smoke in our baby's face. Where did he go anyways?
总比对着我们宝宝的脸吐烟好。话说他跑哪里去了?
实用知识点:
What's so damn hard? 有什么难的?
What's so hard? 有什么难的?
Blow smoke 吐烟
Can you not blow smoke at me? Go smoke further away from me.
你能别对着我吐烟吗,离我远点抽去。
In my face
这是一种表示某人很无礼,让你觉得很生气,很愤怒的表达。
He slammed the door in my face.
他把门摔我脸上了。
He laughed in my face.
他当面嘲笑我。
I can't read it when you shove the paper in my face. Here just give it to me.
你就这样扔给我,我没法读。你好好给我。
I almost got into a fight because a guy spit in my face on the subway.
我差点打架了,因为有个男的在地铁上朝我吐痰。
Just because you're using a vape, dosen't mean you can blow smoke in my face.
你抽电子烟也不能代表你能超我脸上抽。
vape 电子烟
新浪微博 @意趣英语 公众微信YiQuEnglish