Right, Tom, I need you to catch up with some of our existing customers – do some schmoozing – and Anna, could you talk to some potential new customers?
好的,汤姆,你去联系一下现有客户,闲聊一下,安娜,你去找一些潜在的新客户?
I need to speak to Mr Socrates. Right. Erm, networking… what exactly am I supposed to do?
我要跟苏格拉底先生谈谈。好的。建立关系网……我该怎么做?
Networking is about helping your business through connecting with other people in the industry.
建立关系网是通过和行业内人士的交流提高业务。
It involves meeting people and talking to them, sharing information, hopefully helping each other and ultimately, getting new business.
这涉及到遇见并和他们交流,分享信息,有希望互相帮助,最终得到新的业务。
So I have to talk to strangers? Well, yes. Introduce yourself, say who you work for.
所以我要跟陌生人交流了?对,介绍你自己,在哪工作。
Ask them about their business and what they do.
问问他们的职业,是做什么工作的。
Then explain a bit about what you do and who uses your products.
解释一下你是做什么的,谁会用你们的产品。
If it's appropriate, say that you may be able to help them.
如果合适的话,告诉他们你也许可以帮到他们。
Then see if they would consider buying from you.
然后看看他们是否会考虑从你这里买产品。
Just be chatty and friendly. Thanks. I'll give it a try. Excuse me, hello, I'm Anna.
表现得健谈,友善一些。谢了,我试试。打扰一下,你好,我是安娜。