Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
You know the difference between a left foot and a right foot.
你知道左脚和右脚之间的区别。
But, what does it mean if you say someone has: Two Left Feet
但是,如果你这样说是什么意思呢:笨手笨脚
Maybe our two friends Anna and Jonathan can help us?
或许我们的朋友安娜和乔纳森能够帮助我们?
Jonathan, what happened to your head?
乔纳森,你的头怎么啦?
I've been taking these dance lessons with my new friend.
我在跟我的新朋友一起上舞蹈课。
Were you dancing on your head?
你是用头跳舞的吗?
No. I just fell down... over and over. My teacher David says I have two left feet.
不是。我只是...一直摔倒。我的老师大卫说我笨手笨脚。
People with "two left feet" do not move smoothly or gracefully.
“two left feet”的人不能顺畅优雅地移动。
They may have trouble with movement like running and dancing.
他们可能会在跑步或舞蹈这些动作上有困难。
This expression is usually used in a humorous way.
这个表达通常以一种幽默的方式来使用。
Just to be clear, Jonathan has both a right and a left foot.
澄清一下,乔纳森有一只右脚和一只左脚。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!