Welcome to English in a minute.
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Maybe you have heard this phrase in American English: Blow Off Steam
你可能在美语中听过这个短语:发泄
Sounds like someone might have a problem. Let's listen.
听起来像某人有什么问题。让我们一起来听一下。
Please forgive me for yelling at you. I had such a bad day. I just need to blow off some steam.
请原谅我之前对你吼叫。我那天很倒霉。我只是想要发泄一下。
It's ok. I understand.
没关系,我了解。
You know when my friend Rebecca needs to blow off steam, she goes for a long bike ride!
当我的朋友瑞贝卡需要发泄一下的时候,她会去骑很长时间的自行车。
Blow off steam. That's what people do when they need to get rid of negative, or bad feelings.
发泄。这是人们需要摆脱消极、糟糕的感觉时要做的事情。
This phrase comes from steam engines.
这个短语来源于蒸汽机。
When pressure builds up inside, the engines must release steam.
当气压堆积在内部时,机器必须放出蒸汽。
How do you blow off steam? Send us a comment at our Facebook page VOA Learning English.
你是怎样发泄的呢?在我们的脸书主页VOA Learning English上评论吧。
You can also check out our website, LearningEnglish.voanews.com.
你也可以浏览我们的网站,LearningEnglish.voanews.com。
And that's English in a minute.
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!