Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Fried fish is a popular food in America and around the world. Bigger Fish to Fry
炸鱼是美国非常有名的食物,也风靡全世界。另有大事
Are Anna and Jonathan planning to fry some seafood for us? Let's listen:
安娜和乔纳森准备给我们炸海鲜吃吗?让我们听听看吧:
Aren't you coming to the meeting in the newsroom?
你不参加新闻编辑部的会议吗?
No way. I have bigger fish to fry.
没有。我还有更重要的事要做。
What could be more important than the annual meeting?
还有什么事能比年会更重要?
My report for the boss!
我要给老板作报告!
When is that due? Three hours ago!
报告时间什么时候截止?三小时之前!
To have "bigger fish to fry" means that you have something to do that is more important than other things.
“另有大事”指,你需要做某件事,这件事比其他事情重要。
You don't have time to focus on smaller, less critical issues.
你没有时间关注一些小的、相对次要的问题。
Many languages have idioms that express a similar idea!
许多语言中都有表达类似意思的习语!
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!