Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
You probably enjoy listening to music. You might even enjoy playing music.
你可能喜欢听音乐。你甚至可能还喜欢演奏音乐。
But what does this mean? Face the Music.
但是,这个短语是什么意思呢?Face the Music
Anna? Anna? Is that you? Why are you hiding?
安娜?安娜?是你吗?你为什么要躲躲藏藏的?
Shhh, I'm hiding from Ashley. Why?
嘘,我在躲艾希莉。为什么啊?
You know her favorite plant. I forgot to water it while she was away.
你知道她最喜欢的那株植物吧。她不在的时候我忘记浇水了。
Oh, that's dead. It's time you faced the music and told her.
哦,植物死了。是时候面对现实,告诉她吧。
Yeah, Anna. It's time to "face the music."
是的,安娜。是时候“面对现实”了。
This expression means to accept the results of your actions, even if the results are unpleasant.
这个短语的意思是接受因你的行为而带来的结果,尽管这个结果不令人愉快。
In Anna's case, it means to accept responsibility for killing my favorite plant.
在安娜这个例子中,这个短语的意思是因杀死了我最喜欢的植物而承担责任。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》!