Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
We have already learned a few tree-related idioms such as "go out on a limb" and "barking up the wrong tree."
我们已经学到过一些跟树有关的习语,比如“担风险”、“攻击错了对象”。
Here is another one for you: Branch Out
今天还要学习另一个相关例子。Branch Out。
Hey! Have you tried the new Thai Restaurant across the street? It's so good!
嘿!你去过对面那家新开的泰国菜餐厅了么?味道好极了!
Oh, I did notice that today. But I've never tried Thai food before.
哦,我今天注意到了。但是我从来没吃过泰国菜。
It would probably be too spicy for me.
可能对我来说太辣了。
What? You should branch out and give it a try sometime!
什么?你有时应该扩大范围,尝试不同的东西。
I guess I should branch out a little more and try different food.
我想我也应该扩大选择范围,尝试不同的食物。
A branch is part of a tree that grows from the trunk or even from another branch.
枝条是树的一部分,从树干或其他枝干生长而来。
To "branch out" means to try new things.
“长出枝条”意味着尝试新事物。
Think of a tree growing a whole new limb.
试想一棵树上新生出一条树枝。
In Jonathan's case, he decides to branch out and try Thai food.
乔纳森的例子里,他决定第一次尝试泰国菜。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》!