These days, people still use Shakespeare's exact phrase: "what's done is done",
如今,人们仍用莎士比亚的原话“what's done is done”
usually to say that there's no benefit in feeling bad for a long time about past mistakes.
来说明没有必要一直为过去的错误感到内疚。
Take footballer Thierry Henry, explaining how his father taught him to always think of the next game.
比如足球运动员蒂埃里·亨利,他说他的父亲总是教导他要一直想着下一场比赛。
My dad always taught me to never be satisfied, to want more and know that what is done is done.
我父亲总是教导我永远不要满足于现状,永远要争取更多,并且要懂得木已成舟。
You've done it, now move on.
你做过了,那就向前看。
Just explain you meant to send the email to a different Sophie - and then forget about it. What's done is done.
你就解释说你原本想把邮件发给另一个索菲的——然后忘记它就好了。木已成舟。
What's done is done, you can't change the past.
木已成舟,你改变不了过去。
So Mr. Will, should I forget about the pepper and the pies?
那么威廉先生,我应该忘掉辣椒和派的事情吗?
Indeed you should, Mary. And forget about Nell Butcher too.
是的,玛丽。也忘掉内尔·布乔吧。
Hmmm. To forget, or not to forget, that is the question.
嗯。忘,还是不忘,这是个问题。