Talking to Someone on the Bus
在公交车上与某人聊天
Linda: It's a good day for a long ride.
琳达:今天很适合骑自行车出游。
Maggie: Yes. It's perfect. I love to read while travelling.
马吉:是的,天很好。我喜欢在旅行的时候读书。
Maggie: I'm Maggie. I'm from New York.
马吉:我是马吉,我来自纽约。
Linda: So, you like reading? What do you like read?
琳达:你是喜欢看书吗?你喜欢看什么?
Maggie: Yes, I like history, astrology, palmistry and all related stuff.
马吉:我喜欢历史,占卜,手相和一切有关的东西。
Linda: Oh! That's really interesting. Can you also read palms?
琳达:哦,真有趣。你会看手相吗?
Maggie: No, no! I wouldn't dare. I just like the subject. And you? What are your interests?
马吉:不,我不会。我不敢看。我只是喜欢这个学科,你呢?你喜欢什么?
Linda: I like photography and travelling.
琳达:我喜欢摄影和旅游。
Maggie: Great! I want to travel to Egypt and India one day.
马吉:太棒了!我想去埃及和印度旅游。
Linda: I've been to India. Based on what you just told me, I believe you'll love it there.
琳达:我去过印度。根据我们的谈话,我相信你会爱上那里。
Maggie: Yes! So do I!
马吉:我也这么觉得。
Talking to a Friend
和朋友聊天
Jeff: Hey Ethan. I brought you some DVDs.
杰夫:嘿,伊桑,我给你买了一些DVD。
Ethan: Dude! Thank you but watching movies is not really a hobby for me.
伊桑:老兄,谢谢你,但是我没有看电影的爱好。
Jeff: Oh! I thought you would like it. What do you like to do in your spare time then?
杰夫:哦!我觉得你会喜欢的,你闲暇时间喜欢做什么?
Ethan: My hobby is to play games.
伊桑:我喜欢打游戏。
Jeff: Which games do you play?
杰夫:你玩儿那个游戏?
Ethan: I can play Unreal Tournament for hours. What's your favorite pastime?
伊桑:我可以玩儿几个小时的虚幻竞技场。你空闲的时候喜欢做什么?
Jeff: I don't like video games. I just like watching movies.
杰夫:我不喜欢游戏,我喜欢看电影。
Ethan: Did you watch ‘Tekken'?
伊桑:你看铁拳吗?
Jeff: Yes, I liked it. Do you have the game?
杰夫:喜欢。你有这个的游戏吗?
Ethan: Yes I do. Let's play it.
伊桑:有,我们玩儿吧。
Talking to a Neighbour
和邻居聊天
Ethan: Wow Maggie! You're really into collecting old books!
伊桑:哇哦,马吉!你真的在收集旧书吗?
Maggie: Yes, I collect rare books. It's one of my hobbies.
马吉:是的,我收集数量少的书。这是我的一个爱好。
Ethan: It's a nice one! I myself am a collector, too. I collect coins.
伊桑:这是个好兴趣。我也是个收集者。我收集硬币。
Maggie: Sounds fun! You must have many old coins!
马吉:听起来很有趣。你一定有许多旧硬币。
Ethan: Well, I'm just an amateur. I don't have old coins, but I do have coins from most of the countries.
伊桑:这个嘛,我就是一个业余爱好者。我没有旧硬币,但是我有世界各地的硬币。
Maggie: What do you like to do in your spare time?
马吉:闲暇时候你喜欢做什么?
Ethan: I like to watch movies. What about you?
伊桑:我喜欢看电影,你呢?
Maggie: I listen to music. It helps me to relax.
马吉:我听音乐,他会帮助我放松。
Talking About Unusual Hobbies
讨论不寻常的兴趣
Merlyn: What do you do for fun, Kyle?
梅琳:你喜欢玩儿什么,凯利?
Kyle:I sometimes make prank calls, just for the fun of it!
凯利:我有时候打恶作剧的电话,就是为了好玩儿。
Merlyn: OMG! That's a weird hobby.
梅琳:天哪!这是个奇怪的爱好。
Kyle: It's not really a hobby but I can't help doing it from time to time.
凯利:这算不上是兴趣但是我不会一直做这件事。
Merlyn: Hmm...is that all you do for fun?!
梅琳:呃……就是为了好玩儿吗?
Kyle: No, no. I also like to collect tea bag covers.
凯利:不,不是。我也喜欢收集茶包。
Merlyn: Err..you collect tea bags for fun?! Sorry to say pal, but it doesn't sound that much fun either.
梅琳:呃…你收集茶包?很抱歉这么说,但是听起来不是很有趣。
Kyle: What can I say? People are different...
凯利:我能说什么?每个人都不一样。
Merlyn: Oh, I couldn't agree more...
梅琳:是,我非常赞同。