Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《英语一分钟》栏目!
If something knocks your socks off, is it a good thing, or a bad thing? Knock Your Socks off
如果能把你的袜子都打掉了,那该是件好事还是坏事?Knock Your Socks off
Hey! Great job in the play last night.
嘿!昨晚的表演非常棒。
I was really impressed.
让人印象深刻。
Aw, thank you so much!
非常感谢!
And thank you for coming to the opening night.
感谢你来参加昨晚的开幕秀。
Well, I couldn't believe it was u up there.
我真不敢相信舞台上的那个人是你。
The whole play really knocked my socks off.
整个表演让人叹为观止。
Maybe it's time you gave up your day job after all?!
你是不是该把白天的工作辞掉了?!
If something knocks your socks off, it means you're really impressed, and maybe a bit surprised.
如果你的袜子都被打掉了,也就意味着你感到印象深刻,也许还有点吃惊。
In the past, to knock someone's socks off, actually meant to defeat someone.
过去,打掉某人的袜子,实际上表示战胜某人。
But today, we use this idiom in a very positive way.
但如今,人们常使用这个习语的正面含义。
In the example, Jonathan's performance really knocked Anna's socks off!
比如说,乔纳森的表演让安娜叹为观止。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》。