It was the 23rd of April.
这一天是4月23日。
William Shakespeare's daughter and his actor friends Robert Harley and Thomas Swann are at the Duck and Whistle.
威廉·莎士比亚的女儿和莎士比亚的演员朋友罗伯特·哈利、托马斯·斯万在“鸭子和口哨”酒吧里。
They're getting ready for a celebration. Bess the barmaid is in charge.
他们在为一场庆祝做准备。负责人是酒吧女侍贝丝。
Now have we got everything? Beer, ale...Where's that Mary Bassett? She's supposed to be bringing the pies.
一切东西都齐全了吗?啤酒,麦芽酒...... 那个玛丽·巴西特呢?她应该带派来的。
Here I am, pies and all! I've brought some lovely meat pies and I've got Mr. Will's favourite here: a nice cherry pie.
我来了,带来了派!我带了一些好吃的肉派,还有威廉先生最喜欢的:好吃的樱桃派。
Ooohhh lovely, he'll like that, lovely...
噢太棒了,他一定会喜欢的,太棒了......
Oh, I'm so excited Mary! I love parties! Isn't it wonderful having a party for Father's birthday!
噢,我太激动了,玛丽!我爱派对!为父亲的生日开派对真是太棒了!
Now don't you go telling Mr. Will before he gets here, Miss Shakespeare, remember: it's a surprise.
你可不要在威廉先生到这儿之前跑去告诉他,莎士比亚小姐,记住:这是个惊喜。
Like John Hume says in your father's play Henry VI part II: Seal up your lips, and give no words but mum...
就像你父亲的戏剧《亨利六世》第二部分里面的约翰·休谟所说的:闭上嘴,什么都不要说......
Seal up your lips, and give no words but mum: The business asketh silent secrecy.
闭上嘴,什么都不要说:商人询问沉默的秘诀。