Ben: Hi, buddy. How's everything going?
本:嗨,哥们,最近怎么样啊?
Justin: Not bad, I guess. Actually I want to ask you something.
贾斯丁:还行吧。其实我想问你个事儿。
Ben: What? Ask away.
本:什么事?说吧。
Justin: It's less than a week before Valentine's Day, but I'm still not sure what I should give my girlfriend for present. Any suggestions?
贾斯丁:离情人节不到一周了,可是我还不确定要给我女朋友送什么礼物。你有什么建议吗?
Ben: Ha. Is that a difficult question? Of course you should give her something that girls fancy. I mean, roses, chocolate, or a dinner in candlelight!
本:哈。这个问题很难吗?你当然应该送她点女孩子喜欢的东西,像玫魂、巧克力什么的,或者来个烛光晚餐吧。
Justin: Sure, but this year I want to give her something special, and I'm going to propose to her later.
贾斯丁:没错,但是今年我想送她点特别的,而且我之后准备向她求婚。
Ben: How about something with her name and yours on it? A necklace, for example?
本:送她个东西,在上面刻上她和你的名字怎么样,比如说项链?
Justin: Not a bad idea, but she never wears any jewelry. That's why I find it so difficult to choose a gift.
贾斯丁:这个主意不错,问题是她不戴首饰,所以我才觉得给她挑礼物很难。
Ben: OK, why don't you give her a large teddy bear?
本:好吧,送她一个大号泰迪熊行了吧?
Justin: I see. You are also at the end of your wit.
贾斯丁:懂了。你也没辙。