28. Making Promises
28.做出承诺
A: I know a lot of you have been working double shifts lately.
A:我知道最近你们当中的很多人都在双班轮流。
B: Yes, we have.
B:是的,我们是这样的。
A: I am pleased to say that we have hired some help.
A:我很高兴的告诉你们我们已经招了一些人。
B: Alright! That's great. When do they start?
B:好的!太棒了。他们什么时候开始上班。
A: One person will start next week. The others will follow.
A:一个在下周开始。其他人随后就来。
B: Only one? You promised more help last week.
B:只有一个人?你上周承诺说会有更多帮助。
A: I know I did, but the search has taken longer than I thought.
A:我知道我说股,但这种招人花的时间比我想象中要长。
B: Oh, no. That's terrible.
B:噢,不是吧。太糟糕了。
A: Don't worry. I promise you all, I'll get some help.
A:别担心。我向大家保证,我会得到一些帮助的。
B: Okay, thanks. These 16-hour days are killing us.
B:好的,谢谢。这样工作16个小时的日子快要累死我们了。
A: Help is on the way. I promise.
A:援助马上就到。我保证。
B: That's good enough for us.
B:这对我们来说就够了。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习和交流使用,未经允许不得转载