13. Talking to a Lawyer
13. 和律师谈话
A: I would like to hire you to represent me in court.
A:我想雇佣你在法庭上代表我。
B: What is the court case about?
B:法院案件是关于什么的?
A: I'm being accused of robbery.
A:我被指控抢劫。
B: Did you commit the robbery?
B:你抢了吗?
A: No! It was my twin brother.
A:没有!是我的双胞胎兄弟。
B: Do you have proof of that?
B:你有证据吗?
A: I do have proof of that. I also have an airtight alibi.
A:我有证据。我也有一个密封的不在场证明。
B: When is the next court date?
B:下一次开庭日期是什么时候?
A: I have to appear next week.
A:下周我必须出现。
B: That doesn't give me much time to prepare.
B:那没有给我足够的准备时间。
A: I can pay whatever you ask.
A:我可以给你想要的随便多少。
B: In that case, let me have my secretary draw up a contract.
B:在这种情况下,我让我的秘书起草一份合同。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习和交流使用,未经允许不得转载