8. Being Pulled Over
8.被拉到路边
A: Can I have you license and registration, sir?
A:先生,可以给我你的驾照和登记证吗?
B: What seems to be the problem, officer?
B:是什么问题,警官?
A: You have no idea why I pulled you over?
A:你不知道我为什么把你叫到路边吗?
B: I don't have any idea, officer.
B:我一点也不知道,警官。
A: You were going 60 miles an hour and the speed limit is only 45.
A:你把车开到了60英里每小时而限速只有45.
B: Sorry, officer. I guess I was in a rush.
B:对不起,警官。我想我有些着急了。
A: Where are you rushing to?
A:你要急着去哪里?
B: I'm late picking up my kids from school.
B:我接我孩子放学迟到了。
A: I'm going to have to give you a ticket.
A:我将不得不给你一张罚单。
B: Can't you just let me off with a warning? I'll be more careful next time.
B:你就不能只给我一个警告然后让我走吗?下次我会更小心的。
A: You could have caused an accident and never made it to get your kids.
A:你可能导致意外的发生,别带着你的孩子开这么快。
B: You have a point, officer.
B:你说的对,警官。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习和交流使用,未经允许不得转载