7 Keeping pets Dialogue
7 养宠物 对话
Steven wants to keep a pet, but he has no idea in his mind. So he asks Alice to give him some advice.
史蒂文想养宠物,但是他不清楚要买什么。于是他向爱丽丝征求建议。
Steven: I want to keep a pet, but I don't know which one to buy?
史蒂文:我想养只宠物,但我实在拿不定主意该买什么?
Alice: Dogs are nice, but they are really energetic, and you need to make sure they get enough exercise every day.
爱丽丝:小狗很可爱呀,不过它们太好动了,最好每天都能带它们去遛遛。
Steven: Having a dog would probably be too much work for me, then.
史蒂文:那我恐怕没那么多时间养狗了。
Alice: What about cats? They are more independent.
爱丽丝:那养猫吧,猫没那么黏人。
Steven: Actually, I was thinking of something a little more exotic. I don't want a common pet like a dog or a cat.
史蒂文:实际上我想要一只特别点儿的宠物,不想要猫、狗这些常见的。
Alice: How about a lizard? Are lizards more along the lines of what you were thinking of getting?
爱丽丝:养只蜥蜴?蜥蜴够特别吧?
Steven: Yeah, are they easy to look after?
史蒂文:不错,蜥蜴好养吗?
Alice: Yeah, they are pretty low-maintenance; they eat almost anything.
爱丽丝:嗯,挺好养的,基本上什么都吃。