Unit 76:Eat smart when you eat out
第76单元:外出用餐有高招
If you like going to restaurants,don't let your weight-loss efforts stop you.
如果你喜欢上餐馆吃饭,千万别因正努力减肥而却步。
Treat yourself to a meal out,using it as an opportunity to enjoy low-calorie,low-fat foods deliciously prepared by someone else.
善待自己,外出吃顿好餐,利用这种机会好好享受他人为你准备的低卡、低脂的美味佳肴。
Here are a few hints to help:
以下是一些对你有帮助的注意事项:
Skip the bread and butter.Save your appetite.
别吃涂奶油的面包。把你的食欲留给主菜。
As an appetizer,order soup or salad or an item not heavily sauced.
点汤、沙拉或调味酱少的食物当开胃菜。
If you know the entrees will be large, skip the appetizer.
若你知道主菜分量很多的话,就不要吃开胃菜了。
Request your salad dressing on the side so that you can carefully pour just a small amount.
请服务生将沙拉酱另外放在沙拉旁。这样你就可以谨慎地淋上少许来食用。
Stay away from entrees with heavy sauces.
不要吃添有大量酱料的主菜。
Order a meal that comes with lots of vegetables.Or request a side order of vegetables.
点有大量蔬菜的一餐,或是加点一道蔬菜。
Give your dinner companion a taste of your meal,and take a taste of his or hers.
让一同用餐的朋友尝尝你点的餐,而你也可以尝尝他的。
You'll feel like you had two meals instead of just one.
这样一餐下来会让你觉得好像吃了两餐一样。
Have no more than two alcoholic drinks.
含酒精的饮料别喝超过两杯。
Share a dessert.
要和他人屹一份甜点。
Put a ban on buffets.They invite overeating.
不要到自助式的餐厅去用餐。这种餐厅会引诱你吃得过多。
If you succumb,you’11 feel terrible.And if you do manage to restrain yourself ,you'll feel deprived.
大开吃戒你一定会觉得很难过。而如果真能克制不吃,你又会觉得好像亏了似的。
Go ahead and graze.You’re at the home of family or friends and find a buffet dinner staring you in the face.
放心的用餐吧。把自己当成现在是在亲人或朋友家中,而眼前正是满桌的自助式餐点。
Take a deep calming breath and saunter slowly around the table, checking out what's there before you take anything.
先冷静地深吸一口气,然后慢慢地绕餐桌一圈,在取菜之前,先检视一下到底有哪些食物。
Then make one trip for cold foods and one for hot-but only take those foods that really appeal to you.
然后分两次拿菜。一次拿冷食,一次拿热食一一但是只拿那些真正吸引你的食物。