2.实用对话
Foreign Exchange外汇
Benjamin: Do you handle foreign exchange here?
本杰明:你们这里办理外汇业务吗?
Clerk: Yes. How can I help you?
职员:办理。需要我帮您什么忙吗?
Benjamin: I'd like to exchange RMB for US dollars.
本杰明:我想把人民币换成美元。
Clerk: OK. How much would you like to change?
职员:好的,您想换多少?
Benjamin: What's the current exchange rate?
本杰明:当前的汇率是多少?
Clerk: It's 6.9 RMB ( renminbi ) to 1 US dollar.
职员:人民币兑美元是6.9比1。
Benjamin: What was the exchange rate several days ago?
本杰明:前几天的汇率是多少?
Clerk: About 7.1 RMB ( renminbi ) to the dollar.
职员:人民币兑美元大概是7.1比1。
Benjamin: The exchange rate is in my favor at the moment.
本杰明:现在的汇率对我来说很有利。
Clerk: Yes, sir. How much would you like to exchange?
职员:没错,先生。您想换多少?
Benjamin: Let me think... What will the exchange rate be like tomorrow.
本杰明:让我想想…明天的汇率会是怎样呢?
Clerk: It's hard to say, sir. I think the exchange rate is likely to fall in the near future.
职员:先生,这就很难说了。我个人认为汇率近期可能会降。
Benjamin: Well, OK. Then I'd like to exchange 6.900 RMB.
本杰明:嗯,好吧。那我就换6900元人民币吧。
Clerk: OK. Please wait a moment.
职员:好的。请稍等。
Benjamin: Would you please give me some change?
本杰明:能给我些零钱吗?
Clerk: What would you like that in?
职员:您想要什么面值的?
Benjamin: I'd like seven 100-dollar notes. The rest I'd like in tens, twenties and fifties.
本杰明:我想要7张100美元的。其余的,我想要10美元、20美元和50美元面值的。
Clerk: No problem.
职员:没问题。