2.实用对话
Sending Money汇款
Judy: I wish to send a sum of $1, 000 to New York City.
朱蒂:我想汇一千美元到纽约。
Clerk: Please fill out the postal order. And don't forget the reverse side of the form.
职员:请填写这张汇款单。别忘了反面也要填写。
( after a while )
(过了一会儿)
Judy: Is this form filled in properly? Here's the money. What's the charge for it?
朱蒂:这样填对吗?这是要汇的钱 我该付多少手续费?
Clerk: It is usually one percent of the amount. That comes to 10 dollars. This usually takes a couple of minutes. ma'am. So please bear with me a while I enter everything into
the computer.
职员:通常是汇款额的1% 。共需10美元,女士,办理这项业务一般得要几分钟时间,所以请稍候,我把信息输到电脑里。
Judy: No problem. Here's the fee.
朱蒂:没问题,这是手续费。
Clerk: Could I please see some identification?
职员:您能出示一下身份证明吗?
Judy: Yes. Here you are...
朱蒂:好的 给你…
Clerk: And here is your remittance receipt. You need this. If there is anything wrong or if the transfer takes too long. bring it back and we can trace your money.
职员:这是给您的汇款收据、您需要这个,如果有任何问题,或者转账用了太长的时间,带这
张收据来,我们可以查一下您的钱。
Judy: Thank you very much.
朱蒂:多谢了。
Clerk: You are welcome.
职员:不客气。