2.实用对话
Sending a Package寄包裹
Jenny: Excuse me. I want to send this small package to Macao. How much is the postage?
珍妮:打扰一下,我要把这个小包裹寄到澳门,邮费是多少?
Clerk: I have to weigh it to see. Do you want it insured?
职员:我得称一下包裹才知道。你要保险吗?
Jenny: No. It's just a souvenir for my brother.
珍妮:不要,里面只是一件送给我兄弟的纪念品。
Clerk: Do you want to send it by airmail or by ordinary mail?
职员:你要航空邮寄还是寄平邮?
Jenny: By airmail, please.
珍妮:航空邮寄。
Clerk: That will be twelve dallors.
职员:要十二美元。
Jenny: Here you are. One hundred dallors. By the way, is there a way that I can be sure that my package will be received?
珍妮:给你一百美元。顺便问一句,我有什么办法能确认我的包裹收到了呢?
Clerk: The post office rarely loses packages. You can, however, request a return receipt. Here's your change. madam.
职员:邮局很少弄丢包裹,不过你可以索要回执。这是找你的零钱,女士。
Jenny: OK. I'll do that. I'd like a return receipt, please. Thank you very much.
珍妮:好的,我要回执。非常感谢。
Clerk: You're welcome.
职员:不客气。