2.实用对话
Mailing a Letter寄信
Clerk: Good afternoon! May I help you?
职员:下午好,我能为你做些什么?
Bob: I need some stamps for this letter.
鲍勃:我想买一些邮票寄这封信。
Clerk: What kind of stamps do you want?
职员:你想要什么样的邮票?
Bob: This kind of stamp is beautiful. How many do I need for this letter?
鲍勃:这种邮票很漂亮。我寄这封信得买几张?
Clerk: I need to weigh it first. Er... it's five grams overweight. Do you want to send it as regular post or as a registered letter?
职员:我得先称一称。呃…超重五克。你想寄平信还是挂号信?
Bob: I want it registered. How much is it then?
鲍勃:我想寄挂号信,要多少钱?
Clerk: Registration plus overweight.. Er... five pounds in all. You can stick five stamps on the envelope.
职员:挂号加超重…呃…总共五英镑。你可以在信封上贴五张邮票。
Bob: Here's a 1O-pound bill.
鲍勃:这是十英镑。
Clerk: Here's your receipt, and the change. If you are interested. we have a special collectors' addition stamp series this year. It is on sale right now for 30% off.
职员:你的收据及找你的钱。如果你感兴趣的话,今年我们特别推出了收藏家附加邮票系列,现在打七折降价销售。
Bob: No, thanks. I'm actually not a collector.
鲍勃:不了,谢谢。我可不是收藏家。