234.(I hope you) enjoy your meal.
(希望您)吃好。
Waiter: Will there be anything else?
侍者:还有什么吩咐吗?
Customer:Not right now, thank you.
顾客:暂时还没有,谢谢你。
Waiter:Enjoy your meal.
侍者:希望您吃好。
235.How's the family? /How's your family?
家里人都好吗?
Frank,long time no see. How's the family?
好久不见,弗兰克。家里人都好吗?
Couldn't be better, thanks. How's yours?
再好不过了,谢谢。你家人呢?
不值得花费时间(精力)/不值得一干/没必要。
Shall I check with a few more suppliers and see if there is a cheaper price?
我再多跟几个供应商协商一下,看是否能便宜一点?
No, it isn't worth it. I'm sure prices are almost the same everywhere.
不,没那个必要,我敢肯定哪里的价钱都几乎是一样的。
(我)见过更糟糕的呢。
Were you impressed by their presentation?
你对他们的演讲印象深刻吗?
I've seen worse, but it lacked real punch.
还有比这更糟糕的呢,不过这次还是缺乏说服力。
238.Look out! /Watch out!
当心!
Look out! There's a snake!
当心!那儿有条蛇!
Oh! I almost stepped on it. Thanks for the warning.
噢,我几乎都要踩上了,谢谢你提醒我。
239.might as well / may as well
还是...的好;不妨/还是...好了
Well, it's still a little early, but shall we head out?
时间还有点早,不过我们还是出发吧。
Might as well. The roads might be crowded.
也好,或许路上很拥挤呢。
差不多,或多或少
Have you decided which pen to buy?
你决定买哪支钢笔了吗?
I guess this one is okay, more or less. Yes, I'll get this one.
我觉得这支差不多可以,就买这支吧。
哦!伙计!
Dinner's ready. Come in and sit down.
晚饭准备好了,进来吃吧。
Oh, boy! I'm starving.
噢,伙计!我都快饿死了。
另一方面
Rome would be nice. On the other hand. Florence is nice, too.
罗马很好,另一方面,佛罗伦萨也不错。
Why don't we go to both places?
那我们为什么不两个地方都去呢?
不要再提了。
I dropped my glass and it shattered.
我失手打碎了我的杯子。
Well, so much for that.
哎,不要再提了。
说曹操,曹操到。
Bob: I haven't the faintest idea whether Jack is coming to the concert.
鲍勃:我压根就不知道杰克能否来音乐会。
Jack: Hi, Bob, Tom.
杰克:嗨,鲍勃,汤姆。
Tom: Well, speak of the devil.
汤姆:说曹操,曹操到。
Bob: We were just talking about you, Jack.
鲍勃:我们正在说你呢,杰克。