第39期:与同事沟通
昨天的会议幵得怎么样?
How did the meeting go yesterday?
会议开得很顺利。
The meeting went just fine.
反义句:The meeting didn't go well.
你说得没错。
Tell me about it.
For example:
A: Aren't you glad it's Friday?今天是星期五,你不觉得高兴吗?
B: Tell me about it.你说得没错。
我最讨厌重复做同一个工作。
I would hate to duplicate the work.
For example:
A: Aren't you glad the work is done?工作都做完了,你不觉得高兴吗?
B: I would hate to duplicate the work.我最讨厌重复做同一个工作。
如果有什么亊情我可以做的话,尽管说。
Let me know if there's something I can do.
For example:
A: Let me know if there's something I can do.
如果有什么事情我可以做的话,尽管说。
B: Thanks. I appreciate that.谢谢你,我很感激。
你这一季度的销售额如何?
How are your sales looking this quarter?
For example:
A: How are your sales looking this quarter?你这一季度的销售额如何?
B: Unfortunately, overall sales are down this quarter.
很不幸,这一季度的总销售额下降了。
How...looking? 怎么样?
你有没有听到销售部门的消息?
Did you hear about the marketing department?
For example:
A: Did you hear about the marketing department?
你有没有听到销售部门的消息?
B: I don't know.我不知道。
到底是怎么一回事?
What is the deal?
What is going on?
For example:
A: Did you hear about the takeover?你有没有听到接管的消息?
B: What is the deal?到底是怎么一回事?
那个日本项目进行得怎么样?
What is the status on the Japan project?
How is the Japan project coming along?
For example:
A: What is the status on the Japan project?那个日本项目进行得怎么样?
B: I keep you posted on the status.我会随时告诉你进展的情形。
What is the status on...? 进行得怎么样?
谁会来接任他的职位?
Who will fill his position?
For example:
A: Who will fill his position?谁会来接任他的职位?
B: John will fill his position.约翰会来接任他的职位。
我听说约翰辞职了。
I heard John quit his job.
For example:
A: I heard John quit his job.我听说约翰辞职了。
B: Yes,he gave his two weeks notice today.
是的,他今天递交了提前两周的辞呈。
quit one's job 辞职
公司正在裁员。
The company is laying off people.
For example:
A: The company is laying off people.公司正在裁员。
B: Any idea who will be丨aid off?你知道谁会被栽员吗?
lay off辞退(临时)解雇
这个汽车厂估计要解雇50名工人。
The auto plants are expected to lay off 50 workers.
新的政策是什么?
What is the new policy?
For example:
A: What is the new policy?新的政策是什么?
B: I don't know exactly.我知道得不确切。
你们的部门生意做得如何?
How is business in your department?
How is your department doing?
For example:
A: How is business in your department?你们的部门生意做得如何?
B: Not very good ,I'm afraid.恐怕并不是很好。
我们24小时不停地工作。
We are working around the clock.
For example:
A: I've heard your department is really putting in the overtime.
我听说你们部门最近加班加得厉害。
B: We are working around the clock.我们 24 小时不停地工作。
你今晚可以加班吗?
Could you work overtime tonight?
For example:
A: Could you work overtime tonight?你今晚可以加班呜?
B: For how long?要加班多久?
你拥有公司的股票吗?
Do you own any company stock?
For example:
A: Do you own any company stock?你拥有公司的股票吗?
B: I invested a lot in the company stock.我对公司的股票投资很多。
你知道我们公司提供什么福利吗?
Do you know anything about the benefits our company offers?
For example:
A: Do you know anything about the benefits our company offers?
你知道我们公司提供什么福利吗?
B: No,丨have a handbook, though.不知道,但是我有一本手册。
你今天下午有空吗?
Are you available this afternoon?
Are you free this afternoon?
For example:
A: Are you available this afternoon?你今天下午有空吗?
B: I am available all afternoon.我整个下午都有空。
be available 有空
你们什么时候可以把项目完成?
When will you have the project finished?
For example:
A: When will you have the project finished?
你们什么时候可以把项目完成?
B: I'll have the project finished tomorrow.我明天就可以把项目完成。
我们的进度有一点儿落后。
We are running a little behind schedule.
For example:
A: We are running a little behind schedule.我们的进度有一点儿落后。
B: How far behind schedule?落后了 多少?
behind schedule落后于预定计划(或时间)
adj. 全部的,全体的,一切在内的
adv.