2.实用对话
Worry担忧
Rose: Has Alan shown up yet?
罗丝:艾伦露面了吗?
Jack: No, not yet. I guess something came up. He'll call soon enough to let us know what's going on. He's good that way.
杰克:没有.还没露面。我猜肯定发生什么事了。他应该会打电话告诉我们的。要是那样就好了。
Rose: I wonder what it could be.
罗丝:我在想会是什么事。
Jack: I don't know. I hope it's nothing serious.
杰克:我也不知道。希望不是什么严重的事情。
Rose: Last week his sister was admitted to the hospital.
罗丝:上星期他姐姐住院了。
Jack: What happened?
杰克:怎么回事啊?
Rose: She was in a serious car accident. She was hurt pretty badly. They thought she was going to die.
罗丝:他姐姐出了车祸,伤得很严重。他们都觉得她快不行了。
Jack: How is she now?
杰克:那她现在怎么样?
Rose: She fell into a coma... The doctors aren't too hopeful. But I hope they're wrong.
罗丝:她已经昏迷了。医生觉得没有太大希望了。不过我希望他们的判断是错的。
Jack: Poor Alan. He's going nuts. His sister is all he has left; his parents died last year.
杰克:可怜的艾伦。他都快要发疯了。他姐姐可是他惟一的亲人了,他父母去年刚去世。
Rose: Yes, he has been through a lot in the last year. I hope his luck changes soon. Maybe his sister will pull through.
罗丝:是啊,他去年经历得太多了。我希望他能时来运转。也许他姐姐能挺过来呢。