第三章
130.Check, please./Could I have my (our)check?
结账。/请给我(们)结账好吗?
Waiter! Check, please.
服务员,结账。
I'll be right with you, ma'am.
夫人,我马上就来。
坚强些。
Everything I do these days seems to go wrong.
最近我做的事情没有一件顺心的。
Hang in there. Everything will work out all right.
坚强些。一切都会好起来的。
换句话说
The firm said it would "seriously consider" our proposal.
公司方面说会“充分考虑”我们的提议。
In other words, they didn't like it.
也就是说他们并不喜欢这个提议。
133.I can live with that.
我接受。/没问题。
The personnel manager wants you and me to switch responsibilities.
人事经理希望我们交换一下职责。
No problem. I can live with that, can you?
没问题,我接受,你呢?
134.(I'm) just looking. /(I'm) only looking.
(我)只是随便看看。
May I help you, sir?
先生,你要买点什么吗?
No, thank you. I'm just looking.
不,谢谢你。我只是随便看看。
Well, please let me know if you need assistance.
嗯,如果你需要帮助,请告诉我。
Thank you.
谢谢。
没问题。
Would you mind checking this report before lunch?
可以在午饭之前检查一下报告吗?
Sure. It's no trouble.
当然可以。
136.Keep up the good work. /Keep it up.
继续努力。
Nice presentation, John. Keep up the good work.
约翰,你讲得真好。要继续努力啊。
Thank you, Mr. Wilson.
谢谢你,威尔逊先生。
让我安静!
Come on, Jack! You don't have to study tonight. Let's go drinking.
快来啊,杰克!今晚别学习了。我们去喝几杯吧!
Leave me alone! I've got an exam tomorrow.
让我安静!明天我还要考试呢!
还好。
How do you like your new boss?
你觉得你的新上司怎么样?
Okay, I guess. Not bad.
嗯,我想还可以。不错。
想都别想!
Why don't you ask your boss for a raise?
你为什么不让你们的老板加薪啊?
Not on your life! He'd fire me instead.
想都别想!他倒是想把我解雇呢!
没什么。
What have you been doing lately?
最近忙什么呢?
Nothing much. Marty. What about yourself?
没什么,玛蒂。你呢?
当然。
Could you hold that door open while I bring in the boxes from the car?
我把盒子从车里搬进来的时候,你可以帮我开着门吗?
Sure thing.
当然可以。
(那)太糟糕了!
The police finally found my wallet,
警察最后找到了我的钱包,
but the money that was in it was gone.
但里面的钱却不见了。
That's too bad!
真糟糕!